Elton John & John Lennon Live 28th November 1974



Vinyl Long Play · DJM Records · K28P-200.
1981 · Japan.


 Back cover.

 Labels.


Linner notes: 
SIDE 1 
WHATEVER GETS YOU THRU THE NIGHT
John Lennon
LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS
John Lennon/Paul McCartney
I SAW HER STANDING THERE
John Lennon/Paul McCartney
YOUR SONG
Elton John/Bernie Taupin
TAKE ME TO THE PILOT
Elton John/Bernie Taupin

SIDE 2 
ROCKET MAN
Elton John/Bernie Taupin
BENNY AND THE JETS
Elton John/Bernie Taupin
HONKY CAT
Elton John/Bernie Taupin
DANIEL
Elton John/Bernie Taupin
CROCODILE ROCK
Elton John/Bernie Taupin

✟ John Lennon Appears by Arrangement with EMI Records Ltd. 
Produced by
GUS DUDGEON 
Photographs by Chuck Ipulin  Ⓒ1974  
ⒸⓅ This Record Co., Ltd. This Is An original DJM Recording. Manufactured and Distributer by King Records Co., Ltd. Japan. Printed in Japan by NPc.


Photos:





1 comment:

  1. On 28 November 1974 John Lennon, dressed in a black suit and playing a black Fender Telecaster, joined Elton on stage to perform his chart-topping record along with a version of ‘Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds’ and ‘I Saw Her Standing There’; ironically the latter originally had Paul McCartney on lead vocal.

    Elton John takes up the story…

    ‘It was magic, magic, magic evening. When we did the track and when the album did really well and the single got to number one, I thought it would be nice for him to do ‘Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds’ with us onstage because he was all knocked out that we did that. And I thought it’d be good if he did ‘Whatever Gets You Thru The Night’. And I didn’t pressure. I didn’t actually phone him up and say, “will you do it?” I got Tony King to breach the ice. And he said he was interested, but petrified. “Interested but petrified of New York” (laughs).

    So I phoned him up and said. “listen it’ll be alright, just come and do ‘Lucy’ if you’re going to be nervous.” But we got together in New York and we talked about what we should do and we had a rehearsal on Tuesday night at The Record Plant. We did ‘Whatever Gets You Thru The Night’ and ‘Lucy’. And then I said, “listen, they’re going to want more than two. You’re gonna have to do another one.” So I suggested ‘Imagine’ first of all. And he said. “well yeah but it’s a bit boring. I’d rather do something uptempo.” So I came up with ‘I Saw Her Standing There’ which is the first track on the first Beatles album. And it was great because he said he had never sung it. Paul sang it.

    So all the three songs that we did onstage last night he’d never performed on stage at all. He never did ‘Lucy In The Sky’ on stage because at that point the Beatles had given up touring. He came to Boston with us last week and got petrified and was more nervous than I was going on stage. Last night it was reverse. I was absolutely jittering. I was just terrible and he was okay. It was just one of those magical things. I mean, for me anyway, just to actually be playing on stage and then on walks John Lennon, you know? Just completely blew my head off.’

    ReplyDelete

Write your comments here, they will be reviewed (to avoid spam) and published shortly.

We do not have music or video downloads... Thanks!

Rockronologia presenta...